Book flights to Europe starting at $401
Have you always wanted to tour the Colosseum, take a picture outside Buckingham Palace or see the Parthenon? These deals to some of Europe's most popular tourist destinations allow you to do so without shelling out tons in airfare. Round-trip flights to Europe are as low as $401.
While these deals are primarily available from major airport hubs in the U.S., they allow you to fly to Rome; London; Athens, Greece; and Milan — places that can otherwise cost closer to $1,000 to visit.
The travel dates for these marked-down flights are scattered from October to April and largely vary by destination. These prices are expected to only last for one to two days.
Airlines: Air Canada, Lufthansa, Norse Atlantic Airways, Swiss and United Airlines.
Routes: From Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Newark and New York.
How to book: Use Google Flights to determine your travel dates and then book directly with the airline of your choice.
Travel dates: Generally from October 2023 to April 2024, although dates vary by destination.
Book by: The next one to two days.
Major kudos to Going for scouting these deals. For $49 a year, the site’s Premium membership offers discounts of up to 90% and comes with a 14-day free trial. The Elite membership also finds premium economy, business-class and first-class deals.
There haven't been a lot of deals to Europe lately, so don't miss these fares — especially if you've been hoping to squeeze in a Europe trip either this year or in 2024.
Here are a few of the flights under this deal:
- Norse Atlantic: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to London Gatwick Airport (LGW), starting at $401.
- Norse Atlantic: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to LGW, starting at $450.
- TAP Air Portugal: JFK to Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport (FCO), starting at $477 (includes a layover in Lisbon, Portugal).
- United: Newark Liberty International Airport (LGW) to FCO, starting at $544.
- United: EWR to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP), starting at $559.
- Air Canada: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Athens International Airport (ATH), starting at $583 (includes a layover in Toronto).
We recommend searching through Google Flights to figure out your travel dates and then booking your flights directly on the airline's website; direct airline bookings are more reliable if your flight is delayed, canceled or has a booking change.
For a flight from Newark to Rome, Google Flights displays a United flight as the cheapest option.
All the fares featured here only apply to basic economy. United's basic economy for international flights allows passengers to bring a carry-on for free. However, it includes fees for seat selection and does not allow for ticket changes or upgrades.
United will also typically offer bundles you can purchase along with your flight. For this round-trip journey, the Chicago-based carrier is offering bundles that include seat assignments, checked baggage and Wi-Fi.
The cost to select an economy seat ranges from $27 to $37. A Preferred seat — essentially an economy seat that allows you to earn Premier qualifying points for United's MileagePlus program — costs anywhere from $57 to $79.
Maximize your purchase
Use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year).
- Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare).The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare).
- American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel).
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel).
For tips on making the most of your airfare purchases, read our guide to the best credit cards for booking flights.
Airfare to Europe is usually expensive, but these flight deals to some of the continent's most popular tourist destinations are discounted by almost 50%.
Snag these flights quickly, as they are sure to fill up soon.