Earn a 120,000-point bonus with the Amex Business Platinum
If you’re considering applying for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, now could be a great time.
New cardholders can earn 120,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of cardmembership.
Whilst we've seen public offers of up to 150,000 points, the normal range is 75,000-100,000 points. That means that the current welcome offer is a solid one worthy of your consideration.
Its $695 annual fee (see rates and fees) may sound hefty, but there are still plenty of reasons this business card is worth your consideration. Here’s what you need to know about the current offer on the Amex Business Platinum.
Official application link: The Business Platinum Card from American Express
Current Amex Business Platinum welcome offer
For new Business Platinum applicants, the card’s welcome offer provides 120,000 bonus points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of cardmembership.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, 120,000 Membership Rewards points are worth a whopping $2,400. However, you may get even more value if you redeem your Amex Membership Rewards points for high-value redemptions. For example, here are some of the best ways to use Amex Membership Rewards points.
To get the full 120,000-point bonus, your business will have to spend a lot on the card in a short period. Therefore, with the card’s hefty initial required spending and statement credits (which we’ll talk about below), this card is targeted at businesses with multiple employees and fairly significant expenses.
Key Business Platinum card benefits
Here’s a snapshot of the notable statement credits on the Amex Business Platinum:
|Credit||Annual amount||How it works|
|Dell||Up to $400.||Annual statement credit on all U.S. Dell purchases, up to $200 semiannually.|
|Indeed||Up to $360.||Annual statement credit on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services to post open positions and find talent, up to $90 per quarter.|
|Adobe||Up to $150.||Annual statement credit on select purchases, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Acrobat Pro DC.|
|Wireless telephone services||Up to $120.||Annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any U.S. wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month.|
|Clear||Up to $189.||Statement credit toward an annual Clear membership for expedited airport security.|
|Airline fee||Up to $200.||Annual airline fee credit of up to $200 on charges on an airline of your choice.|
|Global Entry or TSA PreCheck||Up to $100.||Statement credits for Global Entry every four years ($100) or TSA PreCheck every 4½ years ($85).|
Enrollment is required in advance for select benefits.
In total, the Business Platinum offers over $1,500 in statement credits that you could potentially maximize. However, it’s clear from the specific nature of several of these credits — and their respective restrictions — that some cardholders will not be able to fully utilize them all.
However, a notable difference between the personal and business versions of the card involves the bonus categories. Cardholders of the Amex Business Platinum earn 1.5 points per dollar on up to $2 million in eligible purchases in the U.S. per calendar year with:
- Electronic goods retailers.
- Cloud service providers.
- Construction materials and hardware supplies.
- Shipping providers.
- Purchases of $5,000 or more.
A list of providers in each specific category can be found on this page.
Cardmembers also earn points on other purchases at the following rates:
- 5 points per dollar spent on flights booked through Amex Travel.
- 5 points per dollar on prepaid hotels booked through Amex Travel.
- 1 point per dollar on other eligible purchases.
Who is eligible for the Amex Business Platinum welcome offer?
This Amex Business Platinum welcome offer carries Amex’s standard language regarding welcome offer eligibility:
“Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.”
The personal and business versions of the Amex Platinum are considered different products. So, even if you currently have the Amex Platinum, the issuer’s one-bonus-per-card-per-lifetime rule won’t prevent you from earning the business card’s bonus.
Likewise, you may be eligible to earn a welcome offer on the Amex Business Platinum even if you already have another Amex business card, such as the American Express® Business Gold Card or The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express.
However, Amex may not give you a welcome offer based on the number of American Express cards you have opened and closed, as well as other factors. So, look out for any messages or pop-ups while you apply. Amex’s welcome bonus qualification tool should notify you if you aren’t eligible for the welcome bonus and allow you to withdraw your application.
Additional Business Platinum benefits
The welcome offer and statement credits are only part of the Amex Business Platinum‘s appeal. After all, the Business Platinum also confers many other excellent, ongoing perks, including:
- Access to Amex Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when traveling on same-day Delta flights), Priority Pass lounges and other lounges in the American Express Global Lounge Collection.*
- Gold elite status with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy.*
- Receive cellphone protection when using the card to pay for your monthly wireless bill. There is a maximum of $800 per claim with a limit of two approved claims per 12-month period. Note that a $50 deductible will apply.**
- Access to the Fine Hotels + Resorts program, The Hotel Collection, the Cruise Privileges Program and the International Airline Program.
- Upgrade with Points to request an airline ticket upgrade on select airlines.
- A 35% rebate when you Pay with Points for a first- or business-class ticket on any airline or an economy ticket on one airline of your choice (up to 1,000,000 points back per calendar year).
- Get a 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships through the Premium Private Jet Program. Plus, receive a $500 or $2,000 credit in your Wheels Up account to use toward an initial flight within the first year, depending on the Wheels Up membership you select.
- Gain access to exclusive reservations at some of the world’s top restaurants and access to premium events like priority notifications and VIP status through Global Dining Access by Resy.
- Additional travel protections and shopping protections when using your card.
* Enrollment is required for select benefits; terms apply.
** Eligibility and benefit levels vary by card. Terms, conditions and limitations apply. Visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for details. Policies are underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company, an AIG Company.
See our full review of the Business Platinum Card from American Express for more details.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express has an array of credits and benefits, but one of the main reasons to consider the card is its juicy welcome bonus. Right now, you can snag a 120,000-point introductory bonus and begin taking advantage of its many value-added benefits.
Official application link: The Business Platinum Card from American Express with a 120,000-point welcome offer.
Additional reporting by Emily Thompson, Ryan Wilcox, Eric Rosen, Stella Shon, Katie Genter and Ryan Smith.